French Quarter Elopements: Intimate Packages for Your Wedding Party
Back in the day, the term “elopement” meant running away with your significant other to have a secret wedding, often without parental consent. Today, the word has a completely different meaning. Most would describe elopements as “intimate weddings” with only a small number of people in attendance. Elopement guest lists could include just the bridal couple, or the spouses-to-be, plus a few friends & family.
There are numerous reasons why couples are choosing to elope more and more. Less guests means more money for your budget – choose to stay in the most luxurious suite or host the fanciest dinner party! Also, by limiting your guest list, you are expanding your venue options (French Quarter balconies can usually fit 10 people or less!). Oh, and forget the planning headaches, elopements are simpler in nature.
New Orleans has perfected the art of elopement ceremonies – this isn’t Vegas with an antiquated chapel and an unsightly Elvis impersonator. The French Quarter offers charming courtyards, wrought-iron balconies, and historic pools along with Southern hospitality to ease your wedding preparation. Explore the J Collection’s exceptional elopement packages and find the one that’s right for you.
Private Affairs (up to 6)
The smaller the better, they say. Say “I Do” to your soulmate, just the two of you. These elopement packages allow for up to 6 people for the most intimate ceremony.
- Go for the luscious Courtyard with the saltwater pool by choosing the Private Ceremony Package at Hotel le Marais. This perfect package includes set-up, champagne, plus a beautiful wedding cake for up to four guests. — $1,200
- The French Quarter Romance at Bourbon Orleans is ideal for an intimate couples-only ceremony, but can very easily accommodate up to six additional guests during the ceremony conducted on the balcony of your luxury Loft Suite overlooking Orleans Avenue and the iconic Saint Louis Cathedral — $2,850
The Ones Who Matter Most (up to 10)
You may think you can’t have your big day without the ones who matter most. The J Collection has a variety of package options that allow for moms, dads, grandmas, and your best friend.
- The historic Audubon Cottages date back to the late eighteenth century and offer a truly one-of-a-kind experience for small weddings or events. Each Cottage surrounds a courtyard with what is said to the oldest pool in the French Quarter. — $500-$1,650
- Hotel Royal offers two intimate venues for romantic elopements. Choose between the secluded Courtyard with a flowing fountain, or a classic French Quarter balcony for up to 10 people — $400
- Sitting on historic Esplanade Avenue on the edge of the French Quarter, the Melrose Mansion is the perfect setting for your New Orleans wedding. Couples can choose between the Mansion’s grand front porch, poolside, or the courtyard of the Napoleon House to conduct their dream ceremony — $650-$1,650
Intimate Celebrations (10 or more)
Intimate Celebrations are for those who don’t particularly want a big wedding, but want to have all of their loved ones present.
- Dauphine Orleans’ Carriage House Courtyard offers a lush landscape and brick charm to your ceremony. These elopement packages includes set-up, boutonnieres, and a wedding coordinator — $800-$3,600
- St. Ann Cottage at the Bourbon Orleans makes the perfect backdrop for your intimate wedding. The Classic Courtyard Package allows for up to 20 people and includes a professional photographer, champagne, and more — $3,850
- The Fleur de Lis Suite at Hotel Mazarin offers an elegant French Quarter setting for your intimate wedding for up to 16 guests. Your ceremony will be held on the suite’s wrought iron balcony overlooking Iberville Street — $3,370